|Roseamanelle Ouka Barsburg||Relationships||History||Trivia|
| Roseamanelle Ouka Barsburg|
ロゼアマネル・オウカ・バルスブルグ Rozeamaneru Ouka Barusuburugu
Ouka with her Fyulong dragon, Kururu.
A fake (calling herself)
Master, my master (by Raphael)
Little lady (by Frau)
Neechan (by Capella)
|Weight||Estimated 43 kg|
|Relatives||46 other clones (deceased)|
Wolfram Eifeler Barsburg (father)
Dalia Barsburg (mother)
Granne Barsburg (aunt)
Teito Klein/Wahrheit Teito Klein
Other members of the Barsburg Family
|Occupation||Empress of the Barsburg Empire  |
Host of the Eye of Raphael
|Affiliation||Barsburg Empire |
The Raphael Project (formerly)
|Manga||Kapitel 19 (flashback) |
Kapitel 36 (mentioned only)
Ouka is first introduced as a princess who has run away from home to escape her unhappy home life, and who wants to become a doctor. Later in the series, it was revealed that as a child, her original body died in an experiment on the Eye of Raphael, and her soul was moved by Karu into a vessel that the scientists conducting the experiment had made. Ouka was then brainwashed and forced to attack the kingdom of Raggs, but overcame the brainwashing years later with the help of Teito and the Eye of Mikhail.
In Japanese, 'cherry blossoms', 'westernization', 'assimilation of territories' are pronounced as 'ouka'. Alternatively, if separated as 'ou ka', 'king' can be pronounced as 'ou', and 'ka?' means 'is it?'.
'Roses' and 'rose wine' can be pronounced as 'roze'. 'Lovers' can be pronounced as 'aman'. 'To pick and choose' can be pronounced as 'eru'.
In French, 'elle' means 'she', and can also be a variant of 'Elizabeth', which means 'God is my promise'.
'Bars' is a German word that has the same meaning in English. 'Burg' means 'castle'.
|This character has made at least one appearance where they are the focus of a shot.|
|This character has made at least one background appearance.|
|This character makes no appearance, but is mentioned by name or title.|
|This character makes no appearance, and is not mentioned by name or title|
- 'I just want to love anyone from my heart.' (manga chapter 48, page 17)
- 'I do not love anything about that troublesome world.' (manga chapter 48, page 15)
- 'It's difficult for me to be honest with people I dislike.' (about one of her aunts, Kapitel 64)
- "You have to remember. How can you be honest with yourself if you don't know the reality of the world?" (to Teito when he had amnesia)
- 'Teito! Leave this place to me! Hurry and go!' (to Teito, Kapitel 90)
- Ouka dislikes spicy foods. (Kapitel 64, volume 11)
- Ouka likes teacher-student relationships and may even be a fujoshi (lit. rotten girl, a term used for female fans of the Boys' Love genre). When she found out that Frau and Teito are teacher and student, she blushed, said 'Kyun', a Japanese slang word used by young girls to describe or express powerful feelings of love, and commented that their relationship is 'sublime'.
- She has a Fyulong companion like Teito, is the heir to the throne of her kingdom like him, and wields the Eye of Raphael, the counterpart to Teito's Eye of Mikhail.
- Her birthday is on the same day as Teito's birthday.
- In some translations, Ouka's name is misspelled as Oaka.
- She was present when Teito's capture was ordered in chapter 63, yet did nothing to stop it. She could have been too disorientated to notice the announcement, or Nanase convinced her that it was for Teito's benefit.