Songs for Souls' Repose~Requiem~
|Number of pages||25|
|Cover Character(s)||Frau |
|Anime counterpart||Episode 20|
| Preceded by|
| Followed by|
The volume was released on the 25th of May 2007 in Japan. Its ISBN is 978-4-7580-5290-0.
The people of District 7 look on as the two Barsburg Ribidziles crash. Teito, Frau, and Hyuuga battle to reach the Eye of Mikhail. As Teito and the Eye fall, Frau realises he cannot save both, and catches Teito, allowing Hyuuga to escape with the Eye. Labrador confronts Ayanami, and the latter explains they were taking a short-cut to Antwort. Unable to do anything, the Bishops let the military pass through without further incident.
The people investigate the Eye of God left behind by Mikhail's attack and reminisce about the similar attacks made by the Eye of Raphael during the Raggs War. Teito is reunited with Hakuren and Mikage, and has another memory of using the Eye of Mikhail when he was younger. Later, Frau tests Hakuren and Teito on their Biblical knowledge, as preparation for the exam the next day. Labrador interrupts, and brings Frau a sapling of an Evie tree, believed to be the reincarnation of Bastien. Frau accepts the gift, and says that he will plant it in the sunniest part of the courtyard.
Quotes from this ChapterEdit
- "Impossible...to live to be able to see that light again...an omen of the birth of a new King of Raggs...!" - Old man (Page 01/02)
- "My thanks beautiful Profe." - Ayanami ending the confrontation after relaying his excuse to Labrador (Page 09)
- "I will have you next time, Teito Klein." - Ayanami, promise (Page 10)
- "--even so, for good or for ill...that's the memory of a faraway day. To live to see the eye of God..." - Rescuers (Page 14)
- "My bad. I couldn't hold on to the hope the Father entrusted to you." - Frau, apologizing (Page 18)
- "Did you cry properly? Did you properly pour out your sadness? The person who said they'd always be by your side, can't return anymore..." - Teito to Frau about loss (Page 20)
- "It'll have to be planted in the sunniest place in the courtyard--a sprout with the same color as that person's soul. More than anyone, that extremely honest feeling will always continue to atone in this place." - Frau about the Evie seedling given by Labrador to him (Page 24/25)
Characters in order of AppearanceEdit