To the Depths of the Earnest Prayer
Tada Hitasura naru Inori no Hate ni
|Opening theme||Aka no Kakera|
|Ending theme||Hitomi no Kotae|
|Manga counterpart||Kapitel 4|
|Original air date||April 27th, 2009|
| Preceded by|
| Followed by|
4. To the Depths of the Earnest Prayer is the fourth episode of the 07 Ghost anime series. The original date is was aired was April 27th, 2009.
The episodes of 07 Ghost were created by Studio DEEN. Directed by Nobuhiro Takamoto, the anime premiered on Chiba TV on April 6, 2009. The series uses two pieces of theme music: 'Aka no Kakera' by Yuuki Suzuki is the opening theme, while 'Hitomi no Kotae by Noria is the ending theme.
Teito Klein meets the Old Man, telling him his wish to see his best friend Mikage, who is still being interrogated by Ayanami in Hohburg Fortress. The old man places a symbol on Teito's chest while Teito begins to have visions of Mikage. The flower that Labrador gave him stops him, and the Bishops appear before him. Frau attacks the old man, who turns out to be a Kor. It takes the combined efforts of Castor and Frau to release the man's soul. Frau takes Teito back to his (Teito's) room and manages to remove the mark of the Kor on Teito's chest.
As the military continues to search for Teito, Teito is introduced to Razette, the Noel mermaid, and the two strike up a friendship. Teito learns more of the three wishes given by the Chief of Heaven as well as the intentions of the Kor, and Castor informs him to keep the incident with the Kor a secret. Back at Hohburg, Mikage makes his final choice: he won't betray his best friend. Ayanami releases a surge of Zaiphon at Mikage.
Characters in order of appearance Edit
Differences between the manga and animeEdit
- In the manga Teito and Mikage are reunited. This does not happen in the anime for a few more episodes.
- The interrogation scene with Mikage does not occur in the manga.
- In the anime, Teito's wish to the Kor is to be reunited with Mikage. In the manga it is to see the 'father'.
- Katsuragi reminds Ayanami of his schedule in the manga, whereas in the anime he says: "the preparations concerning Mikage are complete".
- Sisters Athena, Libelle and Rosalie are absent in the manga, so Rosalie does not fall and drop the clothes.
- Frau does not tell the nuns to wash his underwear in the anime.
- All flashbacks in the anime do not occur in the manga.